Catching Up

Where should I even start? Let’s just have a lifetime catch up. I have sat down to write a blog at different times in the past few months with an idea to develop in my head but then…I have chosen to take a nap. Every single time I have chosen a stolen hour of sleep in my day over the extremely common trend of writing my ideas for the whole of the Internet accessible world to read. I have no apologies for naps but I am glad to be awake and writing now.

All the extra sleep needs stem from one big life event happening now: I am growing a little girl. All these months of my body evolving into the sole means for my child to meet the world all the while keeping up my daily duties has been an exhaustingly beautiful. Being pregnant is simply amazing but I won’t say it has been painless. No complaints here. I went through nursing school and know what having a baby entails so I very clearly knew what I was getting myself into but knowing the lecture hall version and living it out are two different things. Being pregnant for me has been a physical and emotional roller coaster (for myself and for my amazingly competent husband).

But a lot has been going on apart from the most important task of creating life. I graduated from nursing school and passed my boards. I have started working as a nurse in what some might call “my dream job” to start my career. We moved home to the homeland (sweet Tennessee). My husband has become a youth pastor at the Dickson campus of our home church here. We ended this year in a completely different place from where we began it with almost all our changes happening in a three-month whirlwind.

We are happy. We are joyful. Each terrifying step of faith after step of faith has led us to this place where we wake up nearly every day overwhelmed in disbelief that our life, though it has its flaws, is the best. I am not one to act this way normally but I am humbled and speechless when I really think about how far God has brought us in such a short amount of time. He gave us the means and the urge to make some big changes. It was not a year without mistakes but learning from them and choosing faith and trust over fear in what I now know were key moments has demonstrated so much of what God has taught us over the years. We have so much left to learn and so much farther to go (especially adding the new variable of parenthood) but we are glad to be here in this moment of life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where do I belong? Here.

The "want to" and the "can do"

The Outside of The Cup