"Me"

"We almost always see only what's wrong with other people and not what's wrong with us." Man...did I need to hear that. There are just these moments in life where everything looks so tough. Moments where I walk away from them with burning in my eyes and wet eyelashes. Moments where I am fiery mad without understanding why or moments when I am hurt but nobody sees or could understand why I am uncomfortable.  This has been a week full of those moments. I know I am so imperfect and that I read too much into some things but there are moments where things are not so; where the reality and what I have perceived are one and the same.  But, when I got home today, I read this quote at the top. I can't help but acknowledge that some of my sensitives most likely have to do with me not examining myself to realize what I am doing wrong. I mean, there is a huge plank in my eye. I work on that plank and removing something from your eye is not easy. I think that is why Jesus used the eye there. It is a difficult and painful process to remove a splinter, let alone a plank, from your eye. And that is the point! If it was easy, we would have a lot more peace in this world and a lot less social judgement.  Some of these moments I have referred to are valid and have actually caused me some pain, emotionally. But I have let the valid points give me a right to see every moment since as vicious or hateful when maybe not all of them are. I really need to stop and think if I am letting myself be wrong in some of those moments; if I am making things worse in my mind. I probably am in many of them.  Today, that is what is wrong with me. I am jumping. I am jumping from conclusion A to conclusion B without hesitation and that is not right. I need to stop in each of these moments and think, "Who is wrong here?", because there are moments when the answer is, "Me". 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where do I belong? Here.

The "want to" and the "can do"

The Outside of The Cup