Christ's Commitment- there are no "if"s

I am saved. I am a member of the Bride of Christ. There is no question. My commitment is eternal. So is His.

We live in a place in waiting. We are the Bride waiting for her Bridegroom to come and make the eternal commitment final. We are the Bride waiting for the wedding of eternal weight.

Have you ever heard a true member of the Bride of Christ say, “If Christ returns, the union will be complete”? I sure hope you haven’t because that is not how this whole Bride-Bridegroom Covenant works. Let me tell you, there is no if. There is only a when. Upon salvation the covenant is made between each individual and Christ for eternity. On the bigger scale, the covenant has already been made between the Church (aka the Bride of Christ) and Christ Himself (the Bridegroom).

I am ranting but my point is this: there is no question of if there will be a wedding. There exists no doubt in the mind of Christ’s Bride that there will be a day of union. I can guarantee that there is no doubt in the mind of Christ whether or not He will come back for His bride.

We are humans, though. That is the unavoidable and unchangeable nature of our existence that we must accept. We are humans and we do not have the perfect commitment that Christ has. We question and wonder and weigh all the choices even after making the commitment. Many people walk away from the Bride. They leave, unsure and uncertain of whether the Bridegroom will ever actually come; uncertain of whether they made the right choice. Hopefully, they return before He does.

That is the nature of being human. I hate it but it is and for some reason God still loves us and still wants to spend eternity with us (all the while I am not even sure that I want to spend one more day with myself).

I have no way today to finish this. I should probably save it, come back to it, rethink some things, make some changes, not sound so…fierce, and then be done with it. But then it would lose the part I want to convey most, the lesson He is teaching me:

Jesus will return for us. His commitment upon my salvation is eternal. He does not waiver on that commitment to me. He does not wonder, “Is Hannah one of my own and do I really want to spend eternity with her?”

I am sealed. I wear His seal of engagement. I am part of the Bride in waiting and I will wait. He will come. There is no if.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where do I belong? Here.

The "want to" and the "can do"

The Outside of The Cup